Therapeutic Yoga Training - Level I Online
We are pleased to announce that the Therapeutic Yoga Training - Level I Online is now available! Click the "Register Now!" button to start your journey.
The trainings bring a wealth of knowledge, honed from over two decades of teaching & clinical experience, custom made for you.
Two Levels, 32 hours each. Take the recorded courses at your own pace with access for a full year. Yoga Alliance and IAYT CEUs for yoga teachers.
"I cannot say enough good things about the Level l Therapeutic Yoga Training I took last year. It was the first online training put forth due to Covid and I found it to be beautifully presented, very educational, entertaining and informative. I am looking forward to taking Level ll!"
Kathleen B., Pasadena, CA
2020 Level I Graduate
Embrace the opportunities of working online and bring the light of healing through yoga to your community and beyond! The Therapeutic Yoga training gives you the skills to provide one-on-one sessions for those recovering from injury or illness, teach group classes, and enhance your own wellness.
Therapeutic Yoga is a gentle healing art that integrates restorative yoga, gentle yoga, breath work, energy healing, and guided meditation to create an environment that supports the body, mind, and spirit in the process of healing.
The essence of Therapeutic Yoga is a heart-centered approach to supporting healing in others through the thoughtful combination of gentle yet effective yogic techniques. Listening, sensing, feeling, and adapting the teachings to the needs of the individual creates a safe and accessible space for the people you work with.
Therapeutic Yoga can be a positive revenue source for yoga teachers, massage therapists, healthcare professionals and others interested in working online during this time. New modules are included in the training that specifically address how to bring your work effectively into the virtual space.
Join us and experience the magic of Therapeutic Yoga!Register Now!
160 Page Manual
Plus an exciting mix of pre-recorded instruction, audio, video, and multimedia.
16 Restorative Poses
Learn variations, benefits, contraindications, & complementary gentle yoga.
Virtual & In-Person Techniques
How to serve, adapt, and share your light with students and clients, both near and far.
The Therapeutic Yoga Training - Level I Online - gives yoga teachers the skills to work intelligently with students who are living with chronic illness, injury, and age-related challenges. Knowing how to work with these populations will deepen your confidence as a teacher, expand the range of private clients you can work with, and increase the types of classes and one-on-one sessions you can offer.
Therapeutic Yoga is an effective choice for virtual private sessions and small group classes - the training covers how to give effective online sessions, including how to adapt poses with the props a client has in their own home.
In addition to yoga teachers, our graduates include nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, acupuncturists, and other healthcare professionals. Upon completion of the program, they are able to integrate the techniques taught in the training into patient care. Many of our graduates have successfully taken Therapeutic Yoga into hospitals, hospices, home-care situations, and many other areas of healthcare.
The screenshot below shows the student portal with content from the first day of the training.
Each morning of the training starts with a Therapeutic Yoga class featuring the restorative and gentle yoga that will be taught in-depth that day.
Ambient musician Avahara (featured here with Cheri) accompanies Cheri's classes with relaxing meditative music.
In place since 1998, our certified training offers a comprehensive and highly refined curriculum that includes:
- 16 restorative yoga poses and theory
- gentle yoga poses
- benefits and contraindications of each pose
- effect of restorative poses on acupuncture meridians
- how to modify poses and practice for the needs of the student
- using Zoom effectively for Therapeutic Yoga sessions and classes
- sequencing guidelines for teaching Therapeutic Yoga
- physiology of stress and relaxation
- anatomy from the yogic perspective
- physiology of connective tissue
- scar tissue and adhesions
- guided meditation for stress reduction and healing
- physiology of respiration
- pranayama techniques for healing
- in-person & remote energy healing techniques
- hands-on techniques including self-massage
- aromatherapy for Therapeutic Yoga
- supporting healing in students and clients
- self-care practices for the practitioner
- 3 Guided Meditations (for download)
- Experience Your Layers Meditation
- Palpating Layers Meditation
- Protection & Healing From Viruses Meditation
"This training was exactly what I was looking for and so much more. I'm excited to share what I have learned in our yoga studio with groups and individuals. It was amazing how connected I felt and wonderful the training was in an online atmosphere. The bonus is I can go back and review the materials.
Thank you Cheri & Arturo - can't wait to register for Level II."
Cathy F., Traverse City, MI
2020 Level I Graduate
180 page manual
Even larger than Level I, packed full of valuable information.
How to work with specific conditions and injuries.
Finesse the art of listening and communication with clients.
Deepening Into Therapeutic Yoga is our Online Level II Training, open to graduates of Level I of the Therapeutic Yoga Training Program. Enhance and build on the skills you learned in the Therapeutic Yoga Training Level I. Finesse communication and listening skills, learn new remote energy techniques and adjustments, and deepen your understanding and knowledge of Therapeutic Yoga to better serve the populations you work with. Level II is open to those who have completed all hours of the Level I training.
Training material covers:
- 16 new restorative yoga poses
- new complementary gentle yoga for each pose
- advanced in-person & remote energy healing
- pin & stretch, and contract/relax techniques for working with shoulder injuries
- practices to increase range of motion and improve joint function
- individualized guided meditations and body scans for one-on-one sessions
- scripted meditations for various conditions
- finesse communication and listening methods for working effectively with clients
- trauma-informed teaching techniques
- "Yoga, Compassion & The Dying Process"
- 2 expert interviews
How to use Therapeutic Yoga to work with specific conditions such as:
- Treatments & Hardware
- Breast Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Multiple Sclerosis
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Neurological/Neuromuscular disorders
- Stress-Related illnesses
- Heart Disease
- Pain & Inflammation
- Strain & Sprain
- Yoga & Movement In The Healing Process
- Therapeutic Yoga for recovery
"If your path involves Therapeutic Yoga, I highly recommend the Deepening / Level II training with Cheri and Arturo. Being with them (even via online training) offers the student the chance to embody the teaching in a way that is vital to one's own process and what is needed in our collective communities. I am forever grateful to have found these two and am honored to call them my teachers."
Sara DiGrazia, Psy.D., C-IAYT, Kailua, Hawaii.
2020 Level II Graduate